Monday, February 22, 2010

Top Five Reads for Social Media Strategists


So here's a little trivia for you. Sometimes I just crave a book. I think I just like the feeling. I know its hard, but remember the days when "notebooks" meant paper binded together, and "on line" meant your cursive writing stayed within the lines given on the page. Does anyone even know what cursive writing is anymore? Which begs the question does anyone read books anymore?

Oh technology, as much as I embrace you, I hate you :) So, I guess we have a healthy relationship. ANYHOW what I am getting at is that I went "on line" to look for a good read on social media strategies and to my surprise there is an overwhelming amount of material out there! It was refreshing to say the least. After picking through the #$%!, I've come up with my list of the Top Five Reads for Social Media Strategists.

1. Trust Agents by Chris Brogan and Julien Smith
First off, just have to say Chris Brogan has one of the best blogs out there right now. He's brilliant.
Trust Agents is a new breed of influencers who can yield a great deal of influence in today’s Web 2.0 world.

2. Six Pixels of Separation. Everyone is Connected. Connect Your Business to Everyone. by Mitch Joel
You want strategies and tactics on how this all works. This book is FULL of case studies.

3. Putting the Public Back in Public Relations: How Social Media is Reinventing the Aging Business of PR by Brian Solis and Deirdre Breakenridge
It's Brian Solis. Really. Need I say more?

4. Yes We Did! An Inside Look at How Social Media Built the Obama Brand (Voices That Matter Series)
The Obama campaign was revolutionary in more ways than one. But if your serious about social media and its potential, this is definatley worth your time.

5. Readers choice, what is your recommendation????

2 comments:

matt s. said...

you missed the cluetrain manifesto. the bible of social media!

Teresa Molinaro said...

I guess I missed that train haha. Have you read it, is it any good?
Maybe I'll make it #5!

Post a Comment